So about all those goals...
1. Water-No Problem!! Fruit-Most days and taking Juice Plus
2.Daily Flosssing-Take out the daily and make it weekly... I'm knocking it out of the park but daily does still elude me
3.Meal Planning-I'm always just about to do it but never getting it done
4.Daily Reading-Oh darn, I seem to have gotten a bit behind!!
5. Daily Walk- I did this really good until I went on vacation but have not resumed this week. Now that I am training for a triathlon I am running/walking for about an hour at least 3 days a week.
It drives me crazy that it's like the 22nd week of the year and I planned to have 22 well established goals by now...but seriously what was I thinking?!? LOL Actually I still think it's a great plan, I have found some flaws in my execution though. I started out picking daily goals (except one that's more weekly) and I think I should have either picked less frequent goals or easier things. Let's face it, I'm a crammer and I go to sleep early which makes setting a lot of daily goals that I ultimately will probably put off until the last second in which I am falling asleep a bad idea. So to give myself a boost I am going to list out 17 things that I do that I can go ahead and consider accomplished goals, so here we go....
1. Put lotion on from head to toe every time I shower- Eric thinks this is unusual, ladies is not normal procedure? If I don't bathe myself in Aveeno it hurts, this is a must do!
2. Use smaller plates- I usually do this when I just cook dinner for Eric and I
3. Put in Restasis drops twice a day
4. Take fish oil before bed
5. Take Juice Plus Fruit, Veggie, and Berry everyday
6. Put in Xibrom drops
7. Hug Eric
8. Kiss Eric
9. Eat a daily breakfast taco-currently on hiatus due to a cleanse and a recent out of country vacation in which it was just not an option...I feel sorry for those people that can't get a great breakfast taco from one of many good options on any given day, it's just not right. And by the way, isn't salsa critical to a breakfast taco? Eric doesn't use salsa at all, I find that strange. A breakfast taco without salsa, well that's just putting stuff in a tortilla... don't call it a taco and I don't want it! If you are thinking this wouldn't lead to a healthier happier me then you don't know me at all.
10. Weekly dinner with neighbors-my neighborhood is awesome, I always look forward to this!
11. Keep track of all our $$'s with my insane excel budget-oh how I love excel, I really do want spreadsheets on my bedsheets Weird Al, where do I buy them?
12. Go to church on Sundays-I wish almost all churches didn't go on at the same time so I could go to more of them, so many great pastors, worship leaders, and people in this city
13. Swing in my hammack chair- I need to do this more!
14. Check my email
15. Check my snail mail- I hate to hand write anything but it's so cool to get an envelope with your name handwritten.
16. Leave work on time, I'm getting much better about this
17. ....Sit on my couch with my laptop and coordinate the details of life
Okay so week 23 starts in just a few days but I've already got my goal in mind, it does go against 2 standards I wanted to apply to all goals but it's good enough to trump them. The standards were I didn't want to set goals to NOT do things and my goals are suppose to be something that continues indefinitely, this is neither of those.
I am giving up following all my weekly tv shows for at least 6 months. For those of you that aren't familiar with my insanity let me tell you how I watch tv... From Series premiere to Series Finale consecutively. This means I don't just catch episodes, I don't start on Season 2. If I happen to see a show that I like I go back to Season 1 and start from the beginning. If I miss an episode I have to watch it before I can watch any others. I'm a little obsessive if I do say so myself. Well 6 months will take me into the next season of all my shows and I don't have a dvr so this goal is likely to effectively take me out of the weekly television show following for quite some time. It's a very difficult task to catch up once you get out of the game, believe me, I have done it before, imdb really helps in identifying when you can catch the next air date on repeats, hee hee.
This doesn't actually mean I will never watch tv, but it will be significant cutback as I'm pretty much left with sports and news and those both usually put me to sleep.
Okay, I've rambled on long enough....................